Niki Lenz lives in Kansas City, Missouri, with her husband and children. She studied elementary education at Southwest Baptist University and taught kindergarten for six years, stayed home with her tiny humans, and now teaches fourth grade. She enjoys reading, travel, glamping, polka dots, red lipstick, and oldies music. She is the author of BERNICE BUTTMAN, MODEL CITIZEN and THE STEPMOM SHAKE-UP. Follow her on Twitter at @NikiRLenz or visit nikilenz.com.
TEN THINGS ABOUT ME
10. I live in Kansas City, Missouri, which is right smack dab in the middle of the United States. It's a real city with buildings and highways and doesn't look like Dorothy's farm in the Wizard of Oz. Fun fact, I was actually born in Portland, Oregon.
9. I have two kids, a boy and a girl, who are now in middle school and high school. They make me giggle and smile and look forward to getting up in the morning... almost... as long as there is coffee.
8. My husband is basically a superhero. He is a sergeant for the police department here in Kansas City. We met in college and had our first kiss under a meteor shower. We have been married for a long, long time, aka since 2002.
7. I love Harry Potter and am a hardcore Ravenclaw.
6. I love to travel and have visited Mexico, Ireland, Jamaica, Hungary, Romania, and Italy. One of my favorite things about traveling is people-watching at the airport. I also get really excited about free soda on the plane. Free Soda!!!
5. I'm a pretty good cook. Most of the time. Okay, I make some stinkers every now and then, but luckily the family eats it anyway.
4. I read A LOT. I love contemporary, fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal. When I was a kid I would bring home STACKS of books and read them one after the other. Some of my favorites were: The Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley High, Nancy Drew, and The Chronicles of Narnia.
3. I taught Kindergarten for six years. I really loved working with little kids and especially introducing them to awesome books that they'd never read before. You've never lived until you've heard a room full of kids laughing their heads off at a picture book!
2. I love to plan parties, the more elaborate the theme the better! I actually worked as an event planner for three years. If you get invited to a party I have planned you should definitely come. It will be epic.
1. I know the words to every song ever written. I will destroy you in a game of "Name That Tune." I even made an audition tape for one of those TV shows and surprisingly they didn't pick me.